Some wise advice circulating:
1. Don’t use his name.
2. Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone.
3. Do not argue with those who support him – it doesn’t work and it makes them feel important. It makes them feel they’ve won something.
4. Focus on his policies. Do not focus on his personality traits, his physical appearance, or his mental state.
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow.
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk. The numbers don’t lie, there are more of ‘us’ than there are of them. Feel that support.
7. Support artists and the arts.
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Fact check it.
9. Take care of yourselves.
10. Resist! Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon, “When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight! Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”
11. When you post or talk about him, don’t assign his actions to him, assign them to “The Republican Administration”. This will have several effects: the legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don’t like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves. His representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.
(Copy to paste to your wall – wider than sharing)
Oceti Sakowin Camp
Re-Cap of the Last Child Camp Takedown
Yesterday Morton County & Co removed the blockade on Backwater Bridge and proceeded to sweep Last Child Camp with 76 arrested including Chase Iron Eyes, some were arrested on the road. The blockade has since been reestablished and there’s a new presence on the West side of Oceti Sakowin Camp, with added lights.
Camp leadership was in contact with the Governor’s office all day yesterday, ensuring everyone in Oceti Sakowin Camp’s safety.
BIA set up a blockade at the Cannon Ball Pit Stop for the duration of the conflict which has since been removed, though we can likely expect a “soft blockade” to resume, like we saw during November.
Law enforcement burnt NO TIPIS. DAPL security moved in after they cleared out and burned remaining poles left standing.
While the conflict was going on the first 12 Protectors arrested in August had trial and were all found guilty of Class B Misdemeanors of disorderly conduct with penalties of $1500 fines and 10 days in jail.
Recap Source From Withstand With Wolves
“Do not lose hope relatives, WE STAND”
Photo from Redhawk Standing Rock Rising
Shiyé Bidzííl feeling motivated with Johnny Dangers and Brandyy-Lee Maxie.
8:00pm CST one of the most important gatherings happing at sacred stone camp for future of this movement. Shiyé Bidzííl will be there………and yes of course live feed!!
· · Cannon Ball, ND
KYLE KIRCHMEIER – SHERIFF
205 1ST AVE NW
MANDAN, ND 58554
JAIL – 701-667-3318
ALLEN KOPPY – MORTON COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY
210 2ND AVE NW
MANDAN ND 58554
PHONE : 701-667-3350
Stand Together. Please make phone calls to the above numbers and ask that Chase and Steven be released. Thank you.
From Chase’s live stream yesterday via Lastrealindians, edit by Fusion. #NoDAPL
🔴🔴 YOU ARE WATCHING OIL POLICE TERRORISTS PUNCH, DRAG AND PUSH UNARMED PEOPLE WHO HAD THEIR HANDS UP. 🔴🔴
➡ This video is from the raids at Standing Rock yesterday.
wens 2/1/17 2:51 pm, oil protectors enforcing their way up highway 1806 to raid The Last Childs Camp.
West Coast Native News shared TYT Politics‘s live video.